This deliciously soft vanilla pancake is one of the quickest breakfasts to prepare on a busy morning. These pancakes are more delicious to have with any syrup of your choice.
What is a pancake?
A pancake is a flat cake, either fluffy, or thin round in size. It is mainly prepared with a starch-based batter that may contain eggs, milk, and butter. It is cooked in a grilled or frying pan with a splash of oil or butter. I usually skip oil and butter and cook in a non-stick pan to make it oil-free. Serve the pancake with any syrup along with fresh berries.
Making these pancakes is simple as it all needs simple, readily available ingredients in the pantry. Also, you can enjoy it any time of the day to fulfil your hunger.
If love pancakes and want to try other different syrup, try my Best Apple Syrup. One the best syrup for pancakes.
Why’ll love this recipe?
- It all needs simple ingredients which are readily available in the pantry.
- It doesn’t require fancy gadgets to make it all needs a bowl to mix the batter and a pan to make the pancakes.
- one bowl recipe
Ingredients need for this recipe.
The measurements are given below in the recipe card. There are two tabs. One is the US cup, and the other is Metric measurements. Do click the tab according to your preference.
- all-purpose flour
- vanilla extract
- baking powder
Let’s see how to make Vanilla pancake?
Sift flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt together in a bowl.
To the dry mixture, add egg and milk and whisk well until it is well combined.
Now add vanilla extract to the pancake batter and mix well.
The pancake batter should be like pouring consistency, as shown in the picture.
Place a pan over medium-high heat and add ½ a cup of pancake batter for each pancake. Lovely pores form on the pancake.
Cook for a few minutes until golden in colour. Flip it and cook it for a minute.
Serve with maple syrup or chocolate syrup. Here I served it with homemade Best Apple Syrup.
Some breakfast muffins and cupcakes.
How to serve vanilla pancake?
Serving pancakes has many options. The best combo is maple syrup. You also can serve it with honey or chocolate syrup. I prefer having it with Best Apple Syrup, which I made from scratch. Also, a blob of butter and whipped cream with fresh berries go well with vanilla pancakes.
Can you store vanilla pancake batter?
Yes, you can store the pancake batter in the fridge. Transfer the batter to an airtight container and place it in the refrigerator. It’ll stay good for three to four days. I’ve not stored it in the freezer, so I can’t vouch for it.
If you want the vanilla pancakes to be more fluffy, reduce the milk quantity to half. The batter consistency will be thick, and the pancakes will be more fluffy.
Adding 3 to 4 tablespoons of melted butter to the batter elevates the aroma and softness of the pancakes.
You can swap buttermilk in place of milk with the same quantity.
After pouring the batter into the pan, you can place sliced bananas, apples, berries, chocolate chips, etc. In this case, do not flip the pancakes. Cook on low-medium heat for a minute more.
If you’ve tried this recipe, don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know your feedback in the comments below. I love hearing from you! Happy Cooking!
Vanilla Pancakes/ Vanilla Pancake Recipe
- 1⅓ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 egg (medium)
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- 1½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- Sift flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt together in a bowl.
- To the dry mixture, add egg and milk and whisk well until it is well combined.
- Now add vanilla extract to the pancake batter and mix well.
- The pancake batter should be like pouring consistency, as shown in the picture.
- Place a pan over medium-high heat and add ½ a cup of pancake batter for each pancake. Lovely pores form on the pancake.
- Cook for a few minutes until golden in colour. Flip it and cook it for a minute.
- Serve with maple syrup or chocolate syrup. Here I served it with homemade Best Apple Syrup.