Are you looking for a simple and tasty filling or frosting for your desserts? Try making white chocolate ganache with this easy recipe.
White chocolate ganache is a versatile and luxurious ingredient that can be used in a variety of ways, making it a delectable treat for chocolate lovers and those with a keen taste for all things delicious.
Check the recipe Small batch chocolate cupcakes where I used this white chocolate ganache frosting.
This recipe for white chocolate ganache only requires three ingredients and uses fresh cream instead of whipping cream. Isn’t that interesting? Before diving in about ganache, let’s see what white chocolate is.
What is White Chocolate?
White chocolate, made from cocoa butter, has a milder and sweeter flavor than dark or milk chocolate. Its ivory colour gives elegance to desserts, whether as frosting on a cake or dipped strawberries.
What is Ganache?
Ganache is a mixture of chocolate, cream, and butter that is great for filling, frosting, or glazing various desserts. Traditional ganache is made with dark chocolate, while white chocolate ganache is made using white chocolate, resulting in a creamy and sweet mixture.
Types of Ganache
There are three types of ganache They are
- Pouring ganache
- Whipped ganache
- Piping ganache
The three types of chocolate ganache need the same ingredients, but the proportion of cream and chocolate varies for which the ganache needs for the dessert.
The recipe I am sharing today is a simple preparation of white chocolate ganache. I will also provide instructions on how to use it for drip cakes, layering and frosting, and piping designs on cupcakes.
Exact measurements of the ingredients are given in the recipe card
- white chocolate chips
- fresh cream
When making white chocolate ganache, the ideal ratio may vary depending on its intended use and texture desired. However, a commonly used ratio is 2 parts white chocolate to 1 part cream. You can make slight adjustments to this ratio to suit your personal taste or recipe requirements. It’s important to note that the quality of the white chocolate used can also affect the final texture of your ganache. Try to use for high-quality brands to achieve a luscious texture.
How to make white chocolate ganache in step-by-step preparation
Microwave method– To make the white chocolate ganache, place it in a bowl that can be used in the microwave along with the cream. Microwave the bowl on high for 15 to 20 seconds, making sure not to heat it for too long, or the chocolate may split. After adding butter, stir well until the white chocolate is completely melted. Then, follow the remaining steps for cooling and refrigeration as indicated below.
In a saucepan, heat the cream over medium-low heat.
Warm the cream and stir it in a spatula. Be careful not to let it boil.
Add a teaspoon of unsalted butter to the warm cream.
Stir well until the butter melts, and mix well with the cream.
Pour the hot cream mixture on the chocolate ( preferably high-quality whit chocolate ) and let it sit for two to three minutes or until chocolate melts completely.
Stir the mixture gently with a whisk or spatula until the chocolate is fully melted and the ganache is smooth and glossy. This will create a perfect consistency for decorating the cake with drips.
Allow the ganache to cool to room temperature. Cover with cling film. Let the cling film touch the surface of the ganache. Refrigerate for 1-2 hours until thickened to a spreadable consistency. Use the ganache to layer and frost cakes.
To make a white chocolate ganache suitable for piping, transfer it to a mixing bowl and whisk it for 2-3 minutes.
Scrape the ganache neatly with a spatula. And then fill it into a piping bag for decorating (icing ) desserts like cakes and cupcakes.
How to use white chocolate ganache in desserts
Try incorporating white chocolate ganache into your desserts for a creamy, indulgent treat. Here are some ways I use chocolate ganache:
- White chocolate ganache is a great way to frost ( icing ) cakes, cupcakes, or cookies. Its smooth and creamy texture and stunning ivory hue adds sophistication to any sweet treat. Add a touch of colour with your preferred gel for a vibrant twist.
- Secondly, filling pastries, tarts, pies or crepes with white chocolate ganache for a decadent treat. Its rich and creamy smooth texture pairs well with fruits, nuts, or even a hint of citrus.
- I add a drizzle of white chocolate ganache to doughnuts, pancakes, brownies, and ice cream, creating a visually stunning effect.
- Dipping fruits, churros, or cookies into warm chocolate is a great idea as the creamy texture perfectly coats them.
Variation of white chocolate ganache
The recipe allows for any flavor to be added to the white chocolate ganache. Additionally, as previously mentioned, adding gel color to the ivory-hued ganache can enhance the dessert’s appearance. Consider incorporating your preferred crunchy nuts into the ganache for a heavenly combination of velvety, creamy texture and crunchiness.
I haven’t substituted for my ganache recipe yet, but I can offer some alternative ideas. For instance, if you are lactose intolerant, you can replace heavy cream or whipped cream with coconut cream.
Likewise, Vegans can opt for dairy-free white chocolate and substitute the cream with coconut cream or plant-based milk.
Check out Smooth frosting for cakes for tips on how to get a smooth, clean finish for the cakes.
Some condiments you may like to try
HOW TO STORE WHITE CHOCOLATE GANACHE?
You can store chocolate ganache at room temperature for two days. Also, you can refrigerate the white chocolate ganache for up to 3 months. If making a large batch for dessert toppings, freeze it in an air-tight container. It stays good for many months. Microwave ganache for a minute or two until desired consistency and top any dessert as you wish.
If you are interested in trying the Best Chocolate Cake with Easy Chocolate Ganache with fresh cream frosting, do try it without fail. I bet it is one of the easiest straightforward chocolate cake recipes and an easy chocolate ganache recipe that pleases all at home.
If you make this recipe, please let me know what you think! I would so appreciate you leaving a star rating and/ or comment below, which means a lot to me. Happy Baking!
White Chocolate Ganache Recipe with Fresh Cream
- 370 gm white chocolate ( bar or chips )
- 120 ml fresh cream
- 1 tablespoon butter ( unsalted )
- In a saucepan, heat the cream over medium-low heat.
- Warm the cream and stir it in a spatula. Be careful not to let it boil.
- Add a teaspoon of unsalted butter to the warm cream.
- Stir well until the butter melts, and mix well with the cream.
- Pour the hot cream mixture on the chocolate ( preferably high-quality whit chocolate ) and let it sit for two to three minutes or until chocolate melts completely.
- Stir the mixture gently with a whisk or spatula until the chocolate is fully melted and the ganache is smooth and glossy. This will create a perfect consistency for decorating the cake with drips.
- Allow the ganache to cool to room temperature. Cover with cling film. Let the cling film touch the surface of the ganache. Refrigerate for 1-2 hours until thickened to a spreadable consistency. Use the ganache to layer and frost cakes.
- To make a white chocolate ganache suitable for piping, transfer it to a mixing bowl and whisk it for 2-3 minutes.
- Scrape the ganache neatly with a spatula. And then fill it into a piping bag for decorating desserts like cakes and cupcakes.