Perfect dual-treat muffins with jam filling is a delicious and quick recipe to make with the family. They are just perfect to relish for breakfast, brunch, or dessert.
These muffins are not like regular muffins. Yes, there is a middle layer with jam filling. The jam in the middle layer flavours the whole muffin with the respective fruit flavour. Isn’t it interesting?
Jam-filled muffins are sinfully delicious. They are slightly dense with a jammy, chewy centre. It is like a sandwich muffin perfectly layered with jam.
The jam I sandwiched was homemade Easy Easy Raspberry Jam Without Pectin. You can layer any flavoured jam according to your palate’s preference.
Why this muffin is easy and simple to make?
- It is a simple one-bowl cake recipe, and it all needs simple pantry staples.
- It needs no fancy gadgets to whip the cake batter. A balloon whisk is enough to do the whisking job, though I used an electric hand mixer as I’m more used to it.
- It is a regular oil-based vanilla muffin recipe. You can add any flavour and mix-ins or jam available in your pantry.
- I used all-purpose flour for this recipe. You can use whole wheat flour or a 50:50 ratio of all-purpose flour and whole wheat flour. But the texture of the muffins will be different.
- You can swap brown sugar in place of granulated sugar. It is purely your choice. Again the colour and taste will vary.
- You can swap any jam of your choice, either homemade jams or store-bought.
Some Condiments you can sandwich in between the muffins.
Easy Chocolate Ganache with fresh cream
Easy Raspberry Jam Without Pectin
Ingredients for Jam muffins
The measurements are given below in the recipe card. There are two tabs. One is the US cup, and the other is Metric measurements. Do click the tab according to your preference.
- all-purpose flour
- baking powder
- baking soda
- vanilla extract
- Easy Raspberry Jam Without Pectin
Let’s see step-by-step preparation of muffins with jam filling.
In a bowl, add sugar and eggs and beat well until it is well combined.
To the mixture, add oil and beat for a few seconds.
Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt into the wet mixture. Whisk the mixture on medium speed until the flour mixture is well combined
Now, add vanilla extract and mix gently. Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 180 C.
In a muffin tray, place the muffin liners and fill ⅓ of the muffin batter, as shown in the picture.
Now spoon in the raspberry jam in the middle of the batter.
Add the other ⅓ of the muffin batter and cover the jam.
Bake it for 15 to 17 minutes, or inserted skewer comes out clean. Remove from the oven and cool it on a cooling rack until it is cooled completely. Dust some confectioners sugar before serving.
How to serve muffins with jam filling?
Having a warm muffin from out of the oven is heaven. Enjoy the jammy, gooey jam muffins with a cuppa coffee or milk. It is perfect for breakfast, brunch, snacks, and as dessert. Kid’s perfect snack box filler, and I promise there will be no leftovers in the box.
Some Muffins and Cupcakes You May Like To Try
Muffins With Jam Filling/ Jam Muffins
- 1¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 egg
- ¾ cup sugar
- ⅓ cup oil ( flavourless oil )
- ¾ teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup raspberry jam
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- In a bowl, add sugar and eggs and beat well until it is well combined.
- To the mixture, add oil and beat for a few seconds.
- Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt into the wet mixture. Whisk the mixture on medium speed until the flour mixture is well combined
- Now, add vanilla extract and mix gently. Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 180 C.
- In a muffin tray, place the muffin liners and fill ⅓ of the muffin batter, as shown in the picture.
- Now spoon in the raspberry jam in the middle of the batter.
- Add the other ⅓ of the muffin batter and cover the jam.
- Bake it for 15 to 17 minutes, or inserted skewer comes out clean. Remove from the oven and cool it on a cooling rack until it is cooled completely.
- Dust confectioners sugar on top and serve it with a cuppa coffee or milk.
You can bake this muffin recipe in any round or square pan.
Make sure the baking powder and baking soda are fresh.
You can substitute any flavour of jam you like.
Leave a Reply